"Pause button, I need to go potty."
This flashback came to me as I was reading John Acuff and his idea of "pausing" a blog.
This isn't a long pause, just a chance to 'reblog' or recycle top posts.
Now there are two ways of choosing your top posts.
I could pick my favorites or I could pick the top viewed ones.
Since it's my blog, I'm going to pick my favorites.
But seriously, one of my favorites posts from last year which I should read on a weekly basis is:
Poison Control Center
Did you know this week is national Poison Prevention Week?
In honor of that I would like to share some helpful advice.
Ten things that will poison your marriage:
First, I have to add a disclaimer to this post. I have not tried all of these poisons, only nine of them. Thankfully, I didn't ingest enough to cause death nor suffer long term effects from these toxic behaviors.
- Hang around with women who constantly belittle their husbands.
- Think of the money you both earn as separate.
- Let the children play you against each other, this can last long into adulthood.
- Stop serving each other.
- Ignore your personal appearance and practice poor hygiene.
- Avoid dates or time alone.
- Don't care about anything they deem important.
- Spend too much time with your extended family and friends.
- Never forget past sins.
- Criticize at every opportunity, publicly will increase the speed of the toxicity.
If you feel like you need a detox. Don't despair. Things can change right now.
Here is my not-so-secret home remedy...
From the King James Bible, 1 John 1:19:
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Living this scripture will strengthen our marriages. Today's post is linked up with Marriage Monday. In my last Marriage Monday Post I talked about ten books that have helped my marriage.
I know there are things I have missed. Do you have any "must avoid poisons" in your home? Leave a comment, you may be helping out a marriage.
Thanks for stopping by,