- My newest blog follower Robin, I really enjoyed her blog, don't miss this post she wrote. It encouraged me to get out of this funk that I have been dwelling in. I love the title of her blog, I can relate to her blog button. If I decided to rename my blog, it may be something like ice cream on my elbow. Each time I sit at my table, I seem to get stuck on the remnants of some child's sticky treat.
- My internet connection. I have been working on some posts at my local library. My creative juices get frozen when creepy men try to read over my shoulder as I type away on my laptop.
- Being part of the Old School House Review Crew. I am reading a very timely book right now. I thank God for providing me with some spiritual meat to digest. No bones have been caught in my throat, but it is challenging me, cough, cough.
- Central Air Conditioning. The Gman says you should never live where the temperature falls below your age. While that makes sense, I feel that until a woman is post menopausal, that is just plain foolish advice.
- My Friend Shirley. She always lends an ear to me and a few books. She has been a blessing no matter how whiny I am. I have always believed we need one friend who we can dump all our garbage on, who doesn't screen her calls. I am thankful she still loves me and answers her phone.
This post is part of a meme called Friday's Five Fave. I really don't like to play favorites, my list is just some of the things that I am thankful for. I have to admit: Lately I have not felt very thankful for much. My eyes have been focusing on the things in my life that I wish were not there. But it's time for the pity party to end and get back to the joy of my salvation. My desire to be in the will of God must resist the spirit of self pity.
In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
I can't argue with that.
So what are you thankful for?
And by the way, I am so thankful for everyone who reads my blog.
Have a great weekend!