Making money from home ads are everywhere. Who can you believe? How can you earn money while staying home with the kiddos? Here's a list of ways Terri G. has actually made money. I can honestly say I am not doing any of them now, but they have worked for me in the past.
- I have raised chickens and sold eggs.
- I went door to door in my neighborhood selling Avon, pushing my baby in a stroller.
- I have decorated and sold wedding cakes.
- I have hosted home parties and sold Discovery Toys.
- I have run a licensed daycare out of my home.
- I have answered telephones for a landscaper, very short-lived.
- I have set up appointments for Electrolux vacuums, another shot-lived job.
- I have sold Usborne books the year I first began homeschooling.
- I have filled out surveys in exchange for Border's bucks. You must be thinking, "she will do anything to support her habit", almost.
- I have sold clothes to a consignment store, my aunt would supply the clothes, I would wash and press them.
- I have sold things on eBay.
- I have sold books on Amazon, Half.com, and used homeschool curriculum sites.
- I have held a few yard sales.
- I have sold cookies in a jar.
My sons have done the following things to earn money:
- One is currently working as a busboy and a dishwasher, see paycheck above!
- Sell handmade sports pillows.
- Assist a quadriplegic man at scrabble and bridge tournaments
- Sell newspapers.
- Work as an electrical apprentice.
- Mow lawns.
- Sold donuts.
There is an interesting article from Bob at Christian Personal Finance on making extra money at home. I have tried a few of his ideas, in fact, I think I have been involved in about 7 of them. Stop by this website, it has oodles of great articles to encourage a thrifty lifestyle. On Fridays, they have a special feature, free stuff Fridays.
How about you? Do you have creative ways to earn money? I'd love to hear about it.
I welcome reader comments with open arms. I also understand if you aren't the commenting or hugging type of person, you can drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.