This Friday, I have decided to try a different meme. This is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. It is easy to play, you just talk about 5 of your favorite things. I usually do 5 Question Friday but the Gman doesn't like me to talk about him so much. Many of the questions lead to me writing about he. After being happily married for 18+ years to my best friend, it is so difficult not to talk about him. I will try my best.
So onto to my five favorites of this week.
1. Internet Access: I know this is silly, but I am amazed at the wealth of information at my finger tips. I am currently planning on buying my second gas grill in my life after my 10-year old one has given up the ghost. Well now I can read everyone's opinion and make a somewhat informed
Last night, we were talking about this fascinating couple and Gman joked "I wonder how they met?" I, being the next American Idol, began to belt out a song from the eighties. "Don't You Want Me Baby?." Because of my fabulous singing, he couldn't recognize the song, I found it on YouTube in 30 seconds. Random made me promise to never play that song ever again. We laughed so hard at the lyrics, I had tears in my eyes.
2. The Bible: This love letter from God to me, has the answers for all of my problems. I am always amazed at the providential timing of the words, whenever I am reading it. There is always something that speaks clearly to my heart.
I just finished listening to a biography of Adoniram Judson. He was a missionary who spent most of his adult life translating the Bible for the Burmese people. I cannot imagine not having the Bible in my own language. I have so many versions here at my house and yet he labored so hard just to translate one copy.
If you have not read anything about this amazing missionary, please do. It will give you a fresh perspective and a heart full of gratitude.
3. My Friends: I just wish I had more time to spend with them. Summer is coming, my load will be lightened and I will reconnect with all my buddies for some fun in the sun.
4. Pre-Cooked Chickens: These save my dinner about once a week. I usually produce two meals from it. We devour most it the first night and I make a quick soup for the next night. Some days, I am trying to fit too many things in and thoughts of dinner get buried until 4:30 p.m. I know, I could improve my culinary skills and cook my own at home, but their rotisserie does things to a chicken, that I cannot.
5. The Common Room: This is my new favorite blog, which I have been meaning to blog about. I think I have graduated from Pioneer Woman in my blog reading. I still love her food, who doesn't? But here her posts are pure fun, not much substance. At the Common Room, I have been reading some pretty deep thoughts. I have been introduced to and challenged to read less twaddle. I am compelled to think a little deeper about so many issues. This blog discusses politics, homeschooling, thrift, cooking,and books from a conservative Christian perspective, my perspective.
What are some of your favorites things?
I welcome reader comments with open arms. I also understand if you aren't the commenting or hugging type of person, you can drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.